Who doesn't like pancakes? Right about now anything to take your mind off the current crisis is worth doing. So today I made my family pancakes for lunch.
If you've tried to do shopping lately it's been hard to get flour, it's like the new gold. Very rare. It's leaving shelves as quick as it's stacked in the supermarket (supposedly thanks to issues packaging). Well fortunately I'm going to tell you a gluten free recipe for pancakes. For a flour substitute you probably haven't used before. That's right this recipe uses chickpea flour.
Chickpea Flour Pancakes #
Cook time: #
5-10 minutes (depends on how big the pancakes are)
Prep time: #
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Butter or oil or canola spray for greasing the pan
- Using an electric whisk mix the flour, water, egg, sugar, salt and baking soda in a medium size bowl until all the lumps are gone.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat add your butter, oil or canola spray.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons or 1/4 cup of batter into the centre of the pan.
- Cook in the pan until bubbles come through the batter and the edges can be turned. Flip and cook until the other side is golden. Stack on a plate to keep in the heat (thats if no one grabs them first). Repeat until the batter is all gone or place in an air tight container in the fridge for the following day.
- Serving suggestions
- Maple syrup
- Golden syrup
- Fresh whipped cream
Many thanks to The Wannabe Chef for the original recipe (ingredients have been doubled).