Things I like about ReactJS:
- Making all your components self contained blocks is how I’ve always tried to build out my UI. React takes this to another level having the JS and HTML embeded together.
- I got up to speed a lot faster with ReactJS then Angular 1. The concepts are a lot more simplistic. ReactJS doesn’t have as many concepts to learn like factories, ng syntax and directives with Angular (or let alone when to use the appropriate one).
My learning path to get started with ReactJS was the following:
- Follow the getting started guide on Facebooks documentation for ReactJS
- Started building a simple proof of concept application
- Watch and follow along with the React Fundamentals course on egghead.io
- Watch and follow along with the Build your first React.js App course on egghead.io
- I’d also recommend you get up to speed with EcmaScript 2015 (ES6), the Tree House blog has a good primer