Prepare for iOS 9
With the coming of iOS 9 tomorrow it will pay for you to get your iOS devices in a ready state for update day.
Here are my top tips to help get you prepared:
- Make sure you have enough data on your internet account. Expect to go through gigs of data with iOS and app updates.
- Update all your apps first on your devices and backup the apps.
- Backup locally via iTunes (make sure "Encrypt iPhone Backup" is checked) and also with iCloud. Can't stress this enough, having multiple backups is essential if something goes wrong.
- Backup all your photos and videos off your phone.
- Wait a day or two after release, just in case there are bugs in the OS or apps you depend on. If you must update for FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out), update your least used iOS device (in my case my iPad) first.